Friday, May 13, 2011

STACKS OF WAX VOL. 1 "MY SUNDAY MORNING RECORDS"



i keep telling myself i need to feature more of my vinyl on this blog so here we go. take a step into "the lab" with me and some of my favorite records.

mary mccreary - singing the blues (reggae version)......you might recognize this one


mr. barry biggs - work all day.........it was actually this post that made me finally get around doing this


donny hathaway - the ghetto (live)......12+ minutes of heat and one of my favorite song ever. also a great way to fight off a hangover and get my ass out of bed


possible posts to follow include my favorite records for "just me and my lady" and "random livingroom dance party"

4 comments:

bjr said...

man, the version of 'Jealous Guy' on that Donny Hathaway album is the *best*.

PRINCE OF BALLARD said...

you said it. i try and tell as many people as possible about that song. i think i've blogged it at least twice.

Anonymous said...

not related, but...i could've sworn this was you in the screen cap. maybe filmed during your paris gig, but alas...
http://www.okayplayer.com/news/video-the-park-belleville.html

PRINCE OF BALLARD said...

thats funny. dude DOES look like me, but no, its not.

the video (or at least the beginning) was actually shot in LA (on Fairfax to be more specific). i think i recognize flight club and the RVCA store.

http://armedsnobbery.blogspot.com/2010/03/murdered-out-rims.html

its strange that a bay area group would film a video for a song titled "beautiful town" in a city other than their own.